Thursday, 22 September 2011

Blown

I recently spent some time in Cornwall being taught a spot of glass blowing by my dad. It was hot and tiring work but an exciting challenge to be doing something totally different. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to spend a few days at it and I did begin to see some improvements as the sessions went by.


Here's how I progressed...

Day one: A very chunky, weighty, wobbly affair.


Day two: A little taller and a little thinner, still a bit wibbly, wobbly.


Day three: Introducing a bit of colour


Day four: Here I tried out applying different layers of colour and threading with clear glass whilst having a go at some more interesting shapes. I fell in love with this blue
Day five: Paperweights, trying out a range of different techiniques with varying success...I got a bit of my wobble back.


Hopefully at some point there will be more where this came from, but in the mean time click here to see how the expert does it!



1 comment:

  1. You did really well Rosie, you can see yourself how you progressed in such a short time. We are looking forward to you coming back and doing some more blowing there is lots more to show you!

    ReplyDelete